MediaSeal requires the 'Fortium Technologies Ltd' system extension to be allowed in order to function. In the occasion of a new M1/M2 Mac, the default security prevents installation of third party system extensions and hence you are not prompted to allow MediaSeal's system system extension. Follow the instructions below to enable system extensions on your Mac M1/M2:
- Shut down your Mac device.
- Press and hold the Touch ID button for 5 seconds. Your Mac should boot up showing “Loading up startup options”
- Click Options then click Continue
- Click on Utilities > Startup Security Utility
- Click Startup Disk > Security Policy
- Select the Permissive Security option, then click OK
IF the Permissive Security option is not available, then select the Reduced Security, check Allow user management of kernel extensions and then click OK